CEGN holds learning webinars throughout the year. Through our Shared Learning Series, a partnership between CEGN and the Sustainability Network, a number of our webinars are open to all interested participants. Other webinars are for funders only. For more info and to register, contact Pegi_dover@cegn.org.
Fall 2016 Report from Julie Gelfand, Commissioner of Environment and Sustainable Development- Friday October 21st at 1:00 PM EST/ 10:00 AM PST.
A presentation by Julie Gelfand, Federal Commissioner of the Environment and Sustainable Development on her tabling of her 4 October 2016 Report. Julie will be reporting on:
(1) Progress Report of the Federal Sustainable Development Strategy
(2) Dept. Progress in Implementing Sustainable Dev. Strategies (2016 Annual Monitoring)
(3) Inspection of Nuclear Power Plants
(4) Conserving Canada’s Fish Stocks
Highlights of the Ontario Environmental Comissioner’s Environmental Protection Report. Thursday October 27th at 1:00 pm EST/ 10:00 AM PST
Each year, the Environmental Commissioner of Ontario, the province’s independent environmental watchdog, produces an annual report on environmental protection that examines how ministries are meeting their stewardship responsibilities for Ontario’s air, water, plants, animals and other natural resources.
The new Environmental Commissioner, Dianne Saxe, will update us on the upcoming report, titled Small Steps Forward, assesses government action on several biodiversity threats facing Ontario:
– Wildlife declines as seen in moose, amphibians and bats
– Invasive species such as Phragmites, Asian carp and feral hogs
– Forest fire management, including the risks of full fire suppression in the boreal forest
Join us for this one-hour webinar including Q and A. Register now!
Previous Shared Learning Webinars:
- Report from the federal Environment and Sustainability Commissioner: Key findings from recent reports
- Melt the Chill: Free speech for Canadian charities
- James Hoggan and the Polluted Public Square
- Imagine Canada – Political Activities
Other CEGN webinars are restricted to funders. Information on these webinars will be posted in this section.